Speed turnarounds; satisfy customers
Get more information out by keeping the work in. Use the SP C840DN Color Laser Printer to produce professional-quality color documents in-house and avoid outsourcing delays and costs. Produce up to 45 pages per minute (ppm); even in duplex mode; so your audience has critical information when they need it most. Reload paper and replace toner and drums in moments without technical assistance.
Compel with quality color
Impress audiences with professional prints at up to 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution. Take advantage of our proprietary toner technology to produce postcards; brochures; labels and point-of-sale displays with clearer images in more brilliant colors. Preview your work on the touchscreen and make adjustments to avoid costly reruns.
Add impact with more media
Make information more powerful by presenting it more ways. Use up to six paper sources to print personalized envelopes; banners up to 49.6" long; thick postcards; oversized booklets and more with speed and precision. Extend paper capacity to 4;700 sheets for longer runs. Add crop marks and color bars on SRA/12.6" prints for more precise proofing.
Finish in style; in house
Choose between multiple automated finishing options. Use the Internal Multi-Fold Unit to produce a variety of professional folding patterns; including tri-fold; A3 Z-fold and V-folds; to impress clients and reduce outsourcing costs. Simplify other tasks; including saddle-stitching; hole-punching and booklet-finishing. Add the optional 1;000-Sheet Hybrid Staple + Stapleless Finisher for any document set. Use the 4-Bin Mailbox to separate output. Avoid interruptions and delays with the Attention Light; which visually alerts you to changes in the printer status for prompt attention.
Get personal; stay productive
Designed with our revolutionary Workstyle Innovation Technology; the 10.1" all-digital Smart Operation Panel simplifies everyday workflows; so you can use the same finger movements you use on your smartphone or tablet to access critical information and perform print tasks with ease. Choose from multiple user interfaces. Enhance productivity by downloading apps from the Ricoh Application Site. You can even create one-touch iconic workflow shortcuts.
Integrate software; improve workflow
Use the Smart Operation Panel along with Ricoh or third-party workflow software solutions to simplify even your most complex print tasks. For example; you can choose RICOH Streamline NX to enhance document processes; or Nuance Output Manager to automate how you manage paper and electronic files.
Work on the run
Download the RICOH Smart Device Connector app and print directly from your smartphone or tablet. Use your device or the printer's built-in web browser to access information from cloud applications such as Google Drive or Dropbox. Give visitors the freedom to print - with an optional; additional network port; you can assign guests to print securely from a secondary network.
Track users; devices and protect information
Take advantage of user authorization to track specific users and projects. Restrict access to color printing for only those who need it. Set print quotas. Add optional software such as Ricoh Device Manager NX Accounting for chargebacks. Simplify fleet management; including automated meter reads; with RICOH@Remote Office NX. Use Locked Print to hold prints until authorized users are ready to retrieve them.
Make energy savings your responsibility
The SP C840DN is ENERGY STAR certified; meets EPEAT Gold criteria and offers Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) of 1.7 kWh/week. Reduce costs even more with default duplex printing; and take advantage of Sleep Mode when the printer's not in use.
- Prints up to 45 ppm
- 1200x1200 dpi max print resolution
- Paper capacity up to 4;700 pages
- Use intuitive touchscreen to produce professional prints in house
- Configuration: Desktop
- Color / Black & White: Color
- Technology: Color laser electro-photographic printing
- Operation Panel: 10.1" Smart Operation Panel color touchscreen with integrated USB 2.0 host port and SD card slot
- Black & White Speed: 45 ppm
- Color Print Speed: 45 ppm
- Duplex Print Speed: Near 100% productivity for all paper sizes
- Maximum Monthly Volume: 10000
- First Print Speed: B&W: 4.0 seconds or less; Full-color: 5.7 seconds or less
- Warm-Up Time: 22 seconds or less
- Recovery from Sleep Mode: 7.3 seconds
- Print Resolution: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity: 550-Sheet x 2 Paper Tray + 100-Sheet Bypass Tray (1;200 sheets total capacity)
- Maximum Paper Capacity: 4;700 Sheets (Standard Trays 1 & 2 + 2;000-Sheet LCT + 1;500-Sheet Side LCT + 100-Sheet Bypass)
- Duplexing: Automatic (standard)
- Power Requirements: 120 - 127V; 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: Operating: 1;584 W or less; Sleep Mode: 0.7W;1.7 kWh/week
- Dimensions(W x D x H): 23.1" x 27" x 34" (587 x 685 x 864 mm) (Standard Configuration)
- Weight: 187 lb. (85 kg)
- Standard: 500 sheets; face down (8.5" x 11" or smaller); 250 sheets; face down (8.5" x 14" or larger)
- Maximum: Up to 4;000 sheets with Finisher; Bridge Unit and 4-Bin Mailbox
Supported Paper Sizes
- Standard Tray 1: Fixed for Letter (8.5" x 11") (216 x 279mm); A4; A5 Standard Tray 2 and Optional Paper Feed Units: User adjustable up to 12" x 18" including Letter (8.5" x 11"); Legal (8.5" x 14"); Exec (10.5" x 7.25"); Ledger (11" x 17"); A3; A4; A5; A6; Custom Sizes: 3.55" x 5.83" - 12.6" x 18" (90 x 148 mm to 320 x 457 mm); Envelopes for Tray 2: Com10; Monarch; C5; C6; DL; Envelopes for Optional Paper Feed Units: Com10; C5
- Bypass Tray: User adjustable up to 12" x 18" including 5.5" x 8.5" to 11" x 17" (140 x 216 mm to 279 x 432 mm); A3; A4; A5; A6; Custom Sizes: 3.55" x 5.83" to 12.6" x 49.6" (90 x 148 mm to 320 x 1260 mm) and Envelopes: Com10; Monarch; C5; C6; DL Optional 2;000-Sheet LCT and Optional 1;500-Sheet Side LCT: Fixed for Letter (8.5" x 11") (216 x 279 mm); A4
- When Duplexing: 3.55" x 5.83" to 12.6" x 18" (90 x 148 mm x 320 x 457 mm)
Supported Paper Weights
- Standard Trays: 16 - 82 lb. Bond/170 lb. Index (60 - 300 g/m2)
- Bypass Tray: 16 - 82 lb. Bond/170lb. Index (52-300g/m2)
- Optional Paper Feed Units; Optional 2;000-Sheet LCT and Optional 1;500-Sheet Side LCT: 14 - 82 lb. Bond/170 lb. Index (52 - 300 g/m2) Duplex Unit: 14 - 68 lb. Bond140 lb. Index (52- 256 g/m2)
Supported Paper Types
- All Sources: Plain Paper; Recycled Paper; Color Paper; Letterhead; Special Paper 1-3; Card Stock; Bond Paper; Preprinted Paper; Coated Paper
- Envelopes: Com10 and C5 envelopes can be fed using Standard Tray 2; Bypass Tray and Optional Paper Feed Units
- Bypass Tray Only: Labels; OHP
- Processor Speed: Intel R Atom Processor BayTrail-I 1.75 GHz
- Memory Standard/Maximum: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Drive: Optional 320 GB (Includes standard HDD Encryption Unit and DataOverwriteSecurity System)
- Standard Interfaces: 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet; High Speed USB 2.0 Type B; Dual USB 2.0 Host Type A; USB 2.0 Type A/SD Card Slot integrated into Smart Operation Panel (for Print from Portable Media)
- Optional Interfaces: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n; IEEE 1284; USB 2.0 Port (Only one additional interface can be installed); Standard: PCL5c/e; PCL6; PostScript3 emulation ; PDF Direct emulation ; Direct Media Print (JPEG/TIFF); PJL; RPCS Optional:; XPS (via download); Genuine Adobe PostScript ; PDF Direct from Adobe ; PictBridge; Universal Driver (via download)
- Font Support Standard: PCL - 93; PS3/PDF Emulation - 93 Optional: Adobe PS3/PDF - 136
- Network Protocols Standard: TCP/IP (IPv6); Optional: IPX/SPX
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10/Server 2008/Server 2008R2/Server 2012/Server 2012R2; Citrix Presentation Server 4.5; Citrix XenApp 5.0+; Mac OS X 10.8 or later; SAP R/3; Novell NetWare Server 6.5 (option is required); UNIX (Using Ricoh UNIX filter): Sun Solaris 9/10; HP-UX 11.x/11i v2/11i v3; SCO OpenServer 5.0.7/6.0; RedHat Linux Enterprise V4/V5/V6; IBM AIX 5L V5.3/V6.1/V7.1
- Device Management Software/Utilities: Device Manager NX Series; SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin and Client; SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin Accounting Report Package; Web SmartDeviceMonitor; Web Image Monitor; Remote Communication Gate Type S; @Remote