This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc) and returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product
Sony FDR-AX100/B 4K Expert Handycam Camcorder with 1" sensor | Your story. In 4K detail.
Capture the finest details in 4k (Full HD 4x resolution , QFHD: 3840 x 2160). This camcorder allows incredibly high resolution, to produce vibrant and extremely realistic images. What’s more, the blazingly fast image processor is the same one employed in professional Sony models, making it possible to record 60p movies at the camera’s full resolution for incredibly smooth and sharp playback, with no loss in realism, even when panning the camera and shooting moving subjects.
1” Exmor R® CMOS sensor w/ Direct Pixel Read Out
The world’s first 1.0” CMOS sensor featuring an Exmor R® CMOS image sensor technology. With this back-illuminated technology, the sensor doubles light sensitivity and combines with Sony’s Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise by half — a great help when photographing in dimly lit environments. Markedly reduced noise is evident even when high-sensitivity settings are used for capturing night landscapes or indoor scenes.
14MP resolution video and 20MP still image capture
Create cinematic video with 14MP resolution sensor (for video) and high quality 20MP still images.
Versatile shooting w/ XAVC-S, AVCHD and MP4 codecs
The FDR-AX100 records HD movies in the XAVC-S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 for video compression and linear PCM for audio compression, while saving files in a MP42 wrapper. The highly compressed files allow extensive record times. The camcorder also records in AVCHD, ideal for quality video for HDTV and Blu-ray disc burning. Additionally, the camcorder can shoot MP4 HD video, which is ideal for sharing over the internet at up to 28Mbps. Having the ability to switch between all three of three formats makes this camcorder an ideal tool that is versatile for creating content to live in a number of different environments.
Carl Zeiss® Vario Sonnar T* lens w/ 12x optical zoom
The FDR-AX100 comes equipped with a newly developed Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar T* lens that has cleared a series of tough performance tests. Not only is this 29mm wide-angle lens ideal for capturing grand landscapes, but it covers wide-ranging image expression thanks to maximum 12x optical zoom and 24x Clear Image zoom
Multi-interface Accessory Shoe for system accessories
Users can expand photographic and movie shooting possibilities by attaching optional accessories via the Multi Interface Shoe, including an electronic viewfinder, powerful external flash and stereo microphone. You can also connect with a compatible remote control via Multi Terminal.
BIONZ® X Processor enables high Speed rec 120fps
The new BIONZ® X image processor enables the camcorder to create more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality, and higher resolution imagery.
Notable features of BIONZ X technology include:
1. Detail reproduction technology optimally filters edges and textures differently depending on the scene.
2. Area specific noise reduction swiftly and efficiently analyzes the subject and reduces noise.
This new image processing technology achieves an even better balance of exceptional detail and advanced noise control. Its ability to record at 120p enables slow-motion playback at one-fifth the speed in a 24p environment in post-processing.
Optical SteadyShot™ Image Stabilization w/ Active Mode
Optical SteadyShot™ Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode is an advanced optical image stabilization technology that corrects camera shake to capture scenes with phenomenal smoothness and stability. Intelligent Active Mode analyzes video frames and provides compensation with assistance from the new BIONZ® X image processing engine. Whether recording movies while strolling on vacation, shooting while chasing a child, or zooming in to capture faraway subjects, Handycam’s simple solution smoothly reproduces the scene with a higher level of stability.
High contrast 0.39" OLED EVF for eye-level framing
The FDR-AX100 employs high contrast a 0.39” OLED Tru-Finder EVF which reproduces rich color and deep black. A new optical design of the EVF, using four dual-surface aspherical lenses, allows for a 33-degree wide angle view that is amazing clear through the edge of the view finder.
Large 3.5" Xtra Fine LCD™ (921K)
The 3.5” (16:9) Xtra Fine LCD™ screen (921K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily -- even outdoors, while enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi®/NFC
Connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing/One-touch remote has been simplified with Wi-Fi®/NFC control. In addition to Wi-Fi® support for connecting to smartphones, the FDRAX100 also supports NFC (near field communication) providing “touch connection” convenience when transferring images to Android™ smartphones and tablets. Users need only touch devices to connect; no complex set-up is required. Moreover, when using Smart Remote Control — a feature that allows shutter release to be controlled by a smartphone — connection between FDR-AX100 and the smartphone can be established by simply touching devices.
Operating System Compatibility : Windows XP SP3 /Windows Vista SP2 /Windows7 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported. The Windows Image Mastering API (IMAPI) Ver. 2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment.
- Image Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Wi-Fi : Built-In (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band)
- NightShot Infrared System : Yes
- CinemaTone Gamma/Color : Yes
- Intelligent Auto : Portrait / Baby / Walk / Tripod / Backlight / Landscape / Spotlight / Twilight / Macro / Low light / Auto Wind Noise Reduction
- x.v.Color : Yes
- Audio Level Display : Yes
- Assignable Dial : Yes (Exposure /AE Shift / WB Temp. / WB B-A / WB G-M Set)
- Face Detection : Yes
- Priority Setting (for Face Detection) : Auto/OFF
- Smile Shutter technology : Dual Capture / Always On / Off
- AGC Limit : Yes
- Airplane Mode : Yes
- Wi-Fi Functionality : Remote control with mobile device, send to smartphone, send to PC (with optional wi-fi accessory)
- Tracking Focus : Yes
- Premium Closer Voice : Yes
- Golf Shot : Yes [AVCHD only]
- My Voice Canceling : Yes
- S-Master : Yes
- Smooth Slow Rec : Yes [AVCHD only]
- Camera Type : Prosumer 4K Camcorder with 1" sensor
- Color : Black
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover : Lens Cap
- S/S & Zoom button on LCD : Yes (Touch Panel)
- Media/Battery Indicator : Yes(recordable time, free and used media space)/Yes(recordable time, remaining capacity)
- Still Image Playback Options : Slide Show
- Picture Effects : Yes
- Video Playback Options : Highlight Playback (AVDHD Movie Only); Highlight Scenario (Save/Playback/Erase); Hightlight BGM (Preinstalled 4 music files, Music transfer)
- Remote Control : Yes
- Self Timer : Yes
- Power Save Mode : Yes
- Red-Eye Reduction : Yes (On/Off)
- Date / Time Stamp : Yes (Rec Date and Time, Camera info)
- Erase/Protect : Yes / Yes
- Built-in USB Cable : Yes (USB Charge Available)
- Self Recording : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : English; Brazilian Portugese; Canadian French; Spanish
- Fader Effect(s) : White / Black
- Drive Mode : Photo Mode:Single-shot/Self-timer
- Exposure Compensation : AE Shift (Dial/Touch Panel)
- Exposure Settings : Auto; Flexible Spot (Touch Panel); Manual (Dial / Menu)
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment / Spot
- Noise Reduction : Yes
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Onepush / Outdoor / Indoor / WB Temp
- Manual Iris Control : F2.8-F11
- Auto Iris Control : F2.8-F11
- Gain Control : Auto/Manual
- LOW LUX Mode : Yes
- Backlight Compensation : Yes (Auto)
- WB Shift : Yes(G7-M7 15steps, A7-B7 15steps)
- Manual Exposure Assist : Zebra Pattern Display
- Focus Features : Tracking Focus
- Manual Focus Assist : Magnified display for precise manual focus; Peaking Display, Tracking Focus
- Focus Area : Full range Focus / Spot Focus
- AF Modes : Auto / Manual (Touch Panel / Dial)
- Focus System : Contrast AF
- Pixel Gross : Approx.20.9M pixels
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Imaging Sensor : 1" (13.2mm x 8.8mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Processor : BIONZ X image processor
- NFC : Yes
- HDMI Terminal : Yes (HDMI micro)
- DC IN : Yes
- Memory Card Slot : SDXC Memory Card(Class 10) [XAVC S]; Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2);Memory Stick XC-HG Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2); SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- HD Output : HDMI Out (micro)(supplied)
- Wi-Fi : Yes
- Accessory Shoe : Yes (Multi Interface Shoe)
- SD Output : Composite Video Out (AV CABLE (sold separately))
- PhotoTV HD : Yes
- Direct Copy : Yes [AVCHD only]
- USB Port(s) : TypeA (built-in) / USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage/MTP)
- BRAVIA Sync : Yes
- Headphone Jack : Stereo Minijack
- Microphone Input : Stereo Minijack
- LCD Type : 3.5" Xtra Fine LCD display(921K) (16:9) touch screen
- Coverage : 100%
- Angle Adjustment : Opening Angle: max.90 deg., Turning Angle: max.270 deg.
- Brightness Control : Yes (Menu)
- Grid Display : Grid Line
- Optical Zoom : 12x
- Direct Manual Focus : Yes
- Lens Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Minimum Focus Distance : Approx.1cm(Wide),Approx.100cm(Tele)
- Lens Type : Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T*
- Aperture : F2.8-F4.5
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades
- Digital Zoom : 160x
- Filter Diameter : 62mm
- ND Filter : OFF, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- Clear Image Zoom : 4K: 18x; HD: 24x
- Battery Type : InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (V Series)
- Power Requirements : 6.8V/7.2V (battery pack); 5.0V (AC Adapter)
- Video Resolution : XAVC-S 4K : 3840×2160/30P, 24P; XAVC-S HD : 1920x1080/60P, 30P, 24P;AVCHD:1920x1080/60p(PS),24p(FX,FH),60i(FX,FH), 1440x1080/60i(HQ,LP); MP4: 1280x720 30p
- Audio Format : MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch(48kHz/16bit) [XAVC S 4K only]; Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1Creator [AVCHD only]; Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator [AVCHD only]
- Video Mode : XAVC-S: MPEG4-AVC/H264; AVCHD ver.2.0 compatible:MPEG4-AVC/H.264; MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Still Image Size 16:9 : Movie Mode: 20.0 megapixels 16:9 (5024 x 2824); Photo Mode: 20.0 megapixels 16:9 (5024 x 28242)
- Still Image Mode : JPEG
- Media Type : SDXC Memory Card(Class 10) [XAVC S]; Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2);Memory Stick XC-HG Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2); SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card(Class 4 or Higher)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 20.0 megapixels
- Still Image Size 4:3 : Photo Mode: 15.0 megapixels 4:3 (4464 x 3352)
- Video Actual (Pixel) : Approx.14.2M pixels(16:9)
- Video Signal : HDTV, NTSC color, EIA standards
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in Zoom Microphone; Monoroal Speaker
- Photo Capture from Movie : 2.1megapixels16:9 (1920×1080)
- Dual Record : Yes
- Mic Level Control : Yes (31steps)
- Still Image File Format : DCF Ver.2.0 compatible, Exif Ver.2.3 compatible, MPF Baseline compatible
- Wind Noise Reduction : Yes (On/off)
- Dual Video Recording : Yes