Sony HAP-S1 500GB Hi-Res Music Player System
Hear music as it was intended. With a Class AB amplifier, this Hi-Res system also boasts up to 500GB of hard drive space, support for DSD and the full range of Hi-Res file formats, and built-in Wi-Fi for transferring audio from your PC. Just add speakers.
Hi-Res Music Playback
The HAP-S1 can decode the following file formats: DSD (DSF,DSDIFF), PCM (44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192kHz/24 bit); MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, ATRAC, ATRAC ADVANCED LOSSLESS, AIFF.
500GB Hard Drive for music playback
Store music of all Hi-Res formats for local music playback on the 500GB hard drive. Storage space is expandable via USB external hard drives.
Analog FIR Filters
This digital-to-analog converter effectively reduces high-frequency noise in DSD signals. It features independent right and left channels, with four analog FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filters per channel producing a combined one-clock delay. FIR filters are ideal for D/A conversion of DSD signals.
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine
Offers natural sound with a spacious feel by restoring high frequency sound and the tail shape of the waveform likely to be removed through the audio compression process.
Built-in Wi-Fi increasing whole-house coverage and signal strength. HAP-S1 is rigorously tested to ensure its Wi-Fi signal strength. This real world testing is to certify it will work under the most extreme conditions.
Expandable storage via USB
Connect external hard drives to expand the players storage capabilities.
Music transfer software
Compatible with both Windows and Mac computers, this simple music transfer software allows you to select your music folder and sync it with the HAP-S1.
Large Power Source Block Capacitor
This acoustically tuned, custom block capacitor features not only improved electrolytic solution and electrode foil magnification, but also superior case form, sleeve material and length. Only Sony utilizes this component, which is optimally tuned with chemical capacitor length and sleeve cut.
Left-right separated, large bandwidth power amp
This AB-class analog amp utilizes an EBT (emitter balance transistor) with a cutoff frequency of over 300MHz for the final transistor. The amp device features minimal phase variation up to the high range and excellent transient response. Its twin mono format with separate left and right channels eliminates left-right sound interference and ensures clear, high-quality sound reproduction. The resilient high range reproduces sound with rich musicality and a high degree of faithfulness.
High-Rigidity Chassis structure
Its all-in-one compact size and sturdy 3mm-thick solid aluminum design extends from front panel to top panel.
One-point ground structure
Concentrating audio signal control points into a single point eliminates fluctuation of left- and right-channel, and contributes to dynamic sound.
Power Source Transformer
A low iron-loss type EI core transformer curbs leakage flux, utilizing core material, varnish, and vacuum impregnation for superior sound quality. As a result, excellent spatial representation and rich resonant timbre is produced. is achieved as a result. The size (core size 45 x 66) is large for this class, and thick winding wire helps achieve rich, resonant timbre.
- Playback Codec - DSDIFF (DSD); DSF; MP3; WAV (LPCM); WMA; AAC; FLAC; ALAC; ATRAC (NON DRM); AIFF (LPCM)
- Line Out - Yes (1)
- Coaxial - Yes (1)
- Analog Audio In - Yes (2 in)
- Opt. In - Yes (1 in)
- Other - Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) USB (1 type A rear) for optional external HDD Ethernet (1000BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX/ 10BASE-T)
- Headphone Out - Yes (1)
- Pin Jack Color - Gold
- Output Power (JEITA 10% 1kHz 4O) - 40W + 40W
- (4Ohms 20-20kHz) THD - 10%
- 4Ohms 20-20kHz - 32W + 32W
- Amplifier Type - Analog
- Power Requirements - 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption - 80W
- Auto Standby - Yes
- Number of Amp channels - 2
- Power on Resume - Yes
- Speaker Impedance - 4-16ohm
- Sleep Timer - Yes
- GUI Language - Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish
- Power Consumption (Stand By) - 0.3W
- DSEE LED - Yes
- Frequency Characteristics - 10Hz - 100KHz (+0dB, -3dB)
- Detachable AC - Yes
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio(A Network) (When all of EQ/Surround off) - 100dB
- Tone Control - Yes (front - bass / treble)
- Speaker Terminal - Screw
- Volume Normalization On/Off - Auto/ Off
- LCD Off Mode - Yes
- LCD - Yes (4.3 in)
- Internal HDD - Yes (500GB)
- Gracenote - Yes
- Gapless Playback - Yes
- External HDD - Yes (Rear USB) (optional)
- Metadata Generation / Acquisition - Yes
- Pre-install Contents - Yes
- PC Sync (Music/Video/Photo) - Music
- Access Control - Yes
- Network Standby - Yes
- Network Update - Yes
- Internet Music Service - vTuner
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) - Receiver: 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 12 in (265 x 88 x 304 mm) Carton: 13 1/8 x 8 1/4 x 14 3/4 in (333 x 209 x 373 mm)
- Weight (Approx.) - Receiver: 12 lbs 5/8 oz (5.8 kg) Gross: 15 lbs 7/8 oz (7 kg)