Outstanding performance in an affordable full-frame zoom that is lightweight and compact
This affordable high-performance zoom lens is not only compact and lightweight, but it has been specifically designed to bring out the best in the a7-series full-frame E-mount bodies as well. The zoom range extends from 28mm through 70mm, providing easy access to the most frequently used angles of view, and thanks to an advanced optical design the change in overall lens length during zooming is minimal.
Three aspherical elements and one ED glass elements
Spherical aberration and distortion are reduced to a minimum so that crisp, high-contrast rendering is achieved throughout the entire zoom range, even at maximum aperture.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization provides a marked reduction in image blur caused by camera shake, especially when shooting handheld at telephoto focal lengths or in dim indoor lighting. In the Anti Motion Blur and Handheld Twilight modes this technology makes it easier than ever to shoot clear, blur-free, low-noise images at night, indoors, or in any conditions that would otherwise be a challenge due to low light conditions, without having to boost sensitivity.
Dust and moisture resistant design
Critical areas of the lens exterior feature dust and moisture resistant seals that help to ensure professional reliability even in tough environmental conditions.
- Lens Type: E-mount Full Frame
- Aperture (Max.): f/3.5-5.6
- Aperture (Min.): f/22-36
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): APS: 42-105mm (35mm Equivalent: 28-70mm)
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 8/9
- Minimum Focus Distance: 12" - 18" (0.3 - 0.45m)
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Aspheric Elements: 4 aspheric, 1 ED
- Lens Weight: 10.5 oz. (295g)
- Magnification: x 0.19
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2-7/8 x 3-3/8 inches (72.5 x 83 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 10.5 oz. (295g)