- A perfect match for a7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras
- Outstanding optical performance in a wide 28mm focal length
- Bright F2 maximum aperture
- Dust and moisture resistant design
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- ED glass with multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Compact and lightweight design matches a7 series beautifully
- A linear actuator focusing mechanism for smooth and quiet AF
- Compatible w/ ultra-wide and fisheye converter lenses
When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the light sources appear blurred. This 'bokeh effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with circular aperture blades used in this lens. Conventional aperture blades have flat sides creating unappealing polygonal shaped defocussed points of light. a lenses overcome this problem through a unique design that keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular from its wide-open setting to when it is closed by 2 stops. Smoother, more natural defocusing can be obtained as a result.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass / Super ED Glass
As focal lengths get longer, lenses built with conventional optical glass have difficulties with chromatic aberration, and as a result images suffer from lower contrast, lower color quality, and lower resolution. ED glass dramatically reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, and provides superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. Super ED glass provides enhanced compensation for chromatic aberration.
Aspherical Lens Elements
Aspherical lens design dramatically reduces spherical aberration while also reducing lens size and weight. Spherical aberration is a slight misalignment of the light rays projected on the image plane. This is caused by differences in refraction at different points on conventional spherical lenses which degrade image quality in large-aperture lenses. Specially shaped ?aspherical? elements near the diaphragm restore alignment of light rays at the image plane, maintaining high sharpness and contrast even at maximum aperture and can also be used at other points in the optical path to reduce distortion. Well-designed aspherical elements can reduce the total number of elements required in the lens, thus reducing overall size and weight.
Only the middle groups of the optical system move to achieve focus, so the overall length of the lens does not change. Other important benefits include fast autofocusing and a short minimum focusing distance. Also, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient if you?re using a polarizing filter.
Go Even Wider or Fisheye with Converters
For even wider perspectives an optional Ultra-wide Converter (SEL075UWC) and Fisheye Converter (SEL057FEC) can be added to increase the angle of view to 21mm wide-angle or 16mm fisheye with full 180? coverage, respectively. Corresponding EXIF data is generated when these converters are attached to the lens, making data management easy.
- Lens Type: 35mm full frame
- Lens Mount Type: Sony E-mount
- Aperture: Circular
- Aperture (Max.): f/2
- Aperture (Min.): f/22
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 28mm (35mm) 42mm (APS-C)
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 8 groups, 9 elements
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.96' 0.29m
- Angle of View: 54 degrees (APSC) 75 degrees (35mm)
- Aperture Blade: 9 blades (Circular aperture)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.13x
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2-5/8" x 2-3/8" (64 x 60mm)
- Weight (Approx.): 7.1 oz (200g)