Wireless Noise Canceling Extra Bass Headphones
Get EXTRA BASS and next-level noise canceling in a comfortable headphone. Long-lasting wireless freedom brings up to 30 hours of battery life, outlasting even the longest travel day. Touchpad controls bring advanced functionality to your music. Enjoy smartphone connectivity with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant built in.
Lose yourself in a party for one with EXTRA BASS sound. With all-day power, Bluetooth wireless technology, long-listen comfort and everyday practicality, the WH-XB900N headphones let you enjoy your music the way you want it.
EXTRA BASS sound and Digital Noise Canceling
All-day listening with up to 30 hours of battery life
One-touch listening with NFC and Bluetooth wireless technology
Sleek, foldable design
Hands-free calling for convenience
EXTRA BASS for impressively deep, punchy sound
As part of the EXTRA BASS range from Sony, the WH-XB900N headphones enhance all your low-end frequencies for exceptional bass. A dedicated bass duct on the headphone housing and increased air-tightness between the driver units and eardrums help to create precise, punchy rhythms that lift every track. Yet the headphones also maintain vocal clarity for a wonderfully rich, well-rounded listening experience.
Noise Canceling technology
Shut out the world and enjoy your own party for one with noise canceling plus EXTRA BASS sound quality.
Enjoy wireless freedom with NFC and Bluetooth
Near Field Communication (NFC) and Bluetooth wireless technology remove the need for wired connections and complex setup sequences. Simply touch your NFC-enabled device to the headphones for a quick, seamless connection, then start streaming your music collection. No NFC? No problem. Connect via Bluetooth and you're ready to go.
Long battery life for all-day power
A charge of around 4 hours keeps you powered all day with approximately 30 hours of play time, so you can keep on listening, track after track, mix after mix.
Sleek, foldable design and long-listen comfort
Whatever your look, the simple, sleek, sophisticated design of the WH-XB900N headphones with a one-color vivid accent on the housing is the perfect match. Soft, cushioned ear pads offer long-lasting comfort, ideal for listening to your favorite albums, back-to-back. Finished listening? Simply fold them up for easy carrying.
Built-in mic for easy conversation
It's easy to talk, even with your headphones on - a built-in mic enables you to take hands-free calls from selected smartphones. Just double tap the housing on the right-hand headphone to answer a call and swipe up or down to adjust the volume.
Quick charging when you're pressed for time
If your headphones are running low on power, a 10-minute quick charge will give you up to 60 minutes of play time. Ideal if you're rushing around from place to place.
Control at your fingertips
Change the track, turn the volume up or down and take or make calls by tapping or swiping the touch panel on your headphone housing. For the Quick Attention function, just touch the right housing and the music volume is instantly reduced, enabling you to hear ambient sounds - from someone asking you a question to announcements at stations or airports.
Sony | Headphones Connect app
Download the Sony | Headphones Connect app to customize your listening experience. Features include Adaptive Sound Control, which automatically detects what you're up to-such as travelling, walking or waiting-then adjusts ambient sound settings to suit the situation. The app also lets you customize these to your preferences, adjust sound levels with the equalizer and more.
Be smarter with Voice Assistant
Manage your day by connecting to your smartphone voice assistant through the headphones' built-in mic. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders and more.
Size and Weight
- Weight: Approx. 8.96 oz (254 g)
- Headphone Type: Dynamic
- Driver Unit: 1.57"
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Impedance (OHM): 50 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 25 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Diaphragm: PET 25 μm
- Frequency Response (Active Operation): 2 Hz–20,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth Communication): 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)/20 Hz–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling, 990 kbps)
- Sensitivities (DB/MW): 101 dB/mW (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 103 dB/mW(when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Volume Control: Touch sensor
- Cord Type: Single-sided (detachable)
- Cord Length: Approx. 47 1/4 in (1.2 m) (supplied headphone cable)
- Plug: L-shaped stereo mini plug (supplied headphone cable)
- Wearing Style: Over-ear
- NFC: Yes
- DSEE HX: Yes
- S-Master HX: No
- Passive Operation: Yes
General Features (Microphone)
- Direction of Microphone: All Direction
- Unit of Microphone: Electret Condenser Microphone
- Battery Charge Time: Approx. 7 hrs
- Battery Charge Method: USB
- Battery Life (Continuous Music Playback Time): Max. 30 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 35 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (Continuous Communication Time): Max. 30 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 32 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (Waiting Time): Max. 50 hrs (NC ON) , Max. 300 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth Version: Version 4.2
- Effective Range: Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)
- Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz band (2.4000–2.4835 GHz)
- Profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s): SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
- Supported Content Protection: SCMS-T
- Noise Canceling On/Off Switch: Yes
- Automatic AI Noise Canceling: No
- Personal NC Optimizer: No
- Ambient Sound Mode: Yes
- Quick Attention: Yes
What's In The Box
- Headphone cable (approx. 47 1/4" [1.2 m])
- USB cable: Type-CTM (approx. 7 7/8 in [20 cm])