The ADVC 3000 is designed to meet the conversion requirements of broadcasters, cable operators, video professionals, and post-production operations.
Housed in a 2 rack-unit design, the ADVC3000 combines and enhances the
features of our ADVC700 and ADVC1000 converters?and, in addition, can convert between analog and DV, DV and SD-SDI, and analog and SD-SDI.
Perfect Signal Synchronization
In studio environments, frame accuracy is essential for precise offline/online editing. The ADVC3000 delivers this accuracy through its use of Canopus PerfectSync technology.
PerfectSync technology controls and synchronizes the transfer rate of FireWire (IEEE 1394) communication with an external reference signal. This process prevents skipped and duplicate frames and produces perfect frames during analog-to-DV and SDI-to-DV conversion.
By contrast, many analog-to-DV converters adjust their output by skipping and/or duplicating frames to synchronize the DV signal to an external sync signal?s frame frequency. In these converters, there is no guarantee that all input frames will output to DV accurately without frame repetition and/or frame drops.
DV Signal Conversion For VTR Control
The ADVC3000 converts DV device control signals to RS-422 signals for external VTR control. Such control makes it possible to take in data from professional VTRs, such as Digital Betacam decks, through any standard DV editing software that features DV device control.
- Connects broadcast video equipment to FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped computers for video editing
- Converts common broadcast digital and analog video and audio formats
- Rack-mount capable
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating system-based DV editing systems
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS, Sony Vegas, Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie, Avid Xpress DV, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Liquid, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows Movie Maker
- No drivers or software applications to install
- NTSC and PAL compatible