TP-LINK's 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter, TL-WDN4800 allows you to connect a desktop computer to a wireless network and access a high-speed wireless network connection. Complying with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, the device can use the 2.4GHz or 5GHz channels and provide wireless speeds of up to 450Mbps which is ideal for users seeking a highly robust, bandwidth intensive wireless networking experience, particularly with HD video streaming and online gaming.
Dual Band is the latest wireless technology allowing the adapter to connect with a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network. This allows you to check e-mail and browse the Internet using the 2.4GHz band or stream HD movies and other media on the 5GHz band. The advantage of working on the 5GHz band is that, unlike the crowded 2.4GHz band shared with microwaves, cordless phones and other wireless networks, it has much less interference and can provide a more stable wireless signal, which is ideal for online gaming and HD video streaming.
Wireless N Speed up to 450Mbps
Both the adapter's 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands support the maximum speed of up to 450Mbps, which generates a maximum theoretical wireless throughput bringing you a limitless wireless experience.
WPA / WPA2 Encryptions - Advanced Security
WPA/WPA2 encryption standards ensure your wireless connection is safe from intruders.
TL-WDN4800 comes with a CD utility that helps you complete the software installation and wireless network settings, including security configurations and wireless connection, which makes setting up your network so easy that even for novice users should be up and running in minutes.
- Achieves a maximum theoretical throughput of up to 450Mbps
- Supports dual-band, 2.4GHz or 5GHz
- Seamlessly compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n products
- Experience smoother video streaming and online gaming by choosing the clearer 5GHz band for wireless connections
- Supports 64/128 WEP, WPA /WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES), supports IEEE 802.1X
- Supports Windows XP 32/64bit, Vista 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit
- Supports ad-hoc and infrastructure mode
- Bundled utility provides quick & hassle-free installation