The new highly anticipated Uniden DFR9 model replaces the the Uniden DFR7. For its price range, the DFR9 offers a a tremendous amount of value for the money. While much of the improvements are cosmetic, there are enough functional improvements and additional configuration which makes this new detector another home-run for Uniden. It is currently our top pick for a detector in this price range.
For a detector with upgradable firmware, GPS for red light and fix speed cameras and the ability to lock out and ignore false alerts, no other detector performs as well of this Uniden in its price range. For those not requiring GPS functionality but are looking for a great detector at a great price, we recommend the new Uniden DFR8.
- Provides Long Radar Detection Range
- Built-in GPS (Redlight and Speed Camera Alerts:(DFR9 vs DFR8)
- 360° Laser Detection
- X, K, KA SuperWideband Detection
- K Narrow
- Ka Narrow
- K Filter (CAS filtering)
- Ka Filter (reduces Ka falsing)
- Advanced K-band false signal rejection and filtering
- Advanced Sensitivity Mode (user adjustable sensitivity by band)
- Multi-Color and Bright OLED Display (same as the more expensive Uniden R1 and Uniden R3)
- Improved Chassis (smaller than the outgoing DFR7)
- Quiet ride - Mutes alert below your set speed
- Mute Memory - Mutes by logging Frequency and GPS location
- Text Alert Readout
- Voice Alert
- Digital Navigator™ Electronic Compass
- VG-2 Undetectability
- Signal Strength Meter
- City/Highway Modes
- Firmware & Database Updates
- Suction Cup Mount
- Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter with USB and Mute Button
One of the main benefits of this Uniden radar detector is that it provides exceptional filtering to K-band collision avoidance and lane departure systems so common today as well as GPS lockout of known stationery false sources of radar.
Easy Advanced Programming
Programming your Uniden for the conditions you drive is easy. Just press the menu button and you can select from various different options that include the sensitivity, the filtering, the brightness of the display and more.
Your Uniden comes shipped to your door with everything you need including windshield mount, 12-volt accessory power cable with USB data port, carrying case, dual suction cup mounts, and an instruction manual.