The new 17-70mm F2.8 is Tamron's first high-speed zoom lens for mirrorless cameras with APS-C size sensors and is the world's first high-speed standard zoom lens for APS-C cameras with the focal length range of 17-70mm 4.1x zoom ratio. It features a maximum aperture of F2.8 across the entire 4.1x zoom ratio covering a focal length of 17-70mm (a full-frame equivalent of 25.5-105mm) ideal for everyday use, and superb optical performance. It is a small, lightweight lens that is also equipped with Tamron's VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism to minimize camera shake.
When shooting video, by leveraging AI technology, image stabilization performance improves compared to conventional models. The lens features Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating and a Ø67mm filter size – the same as the Tamron series of lenses for full-frame mirrorless cameras. Compatible with many of the features that Sony builds into its cameras, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF, the lens is the ideal everyday zoom lens for a multitude of situations. It is a highly practical lens that enables photographers to attain high image quality while enjoying the benefits of the large F2.8 aperture.
- World’s first high-speed standard zoom lens for APS-C cameras with the focal length range of 17-70mm 4.1x zoom r -Equivalent to 25.5-105mm on full-frame cameras
- Outstanding optical performance with 16 elements in 12 groups featuring two GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) lens -elements and one hybrid aspherical lens element
- Upgraded VC effective in combination with Sony APS-C mirrorless cameras, leveraging AI for video shooting
- Close focusing capability with MOD of just 7.5” at 17mm / 15.4" at 70mm
- RXD stepping motor unit is exceptionally quiet
- A highly portable compact design measuring a scant 4.7” in length and Ø74.6mm in maximum diameter and weighin -Ø67mm filter diameter for system convenience
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating
- Compatible with main camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF
Adding to the versatility of the zoom design is a Vibration Compensation image stabilization system, which reduces the appearance of camera shake for steadier photo and video recording in low-light conditions. Also benefitting handling, an RXD stepping motor enables quick, near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5". Suiting this lens's use in inclement weather conditions, it also features a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.
- Versatile zoom is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and covers wide-angle to short-telephoto fields of view with its 25.5-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- Two molded glass aspherical elements and one hybrid aspherical element help to correct distortion and spherical aberrations to achieve a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two LD (Low Dispersion) elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) autofocus motor delivers impressively quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system also offers a minimum focusing distance of just 7.5" and a 1:4.8 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and it is compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
Tamron AFB070S-700 Specs
||17 to 70mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 25.5 to 105mm)
|Angle of View
||79° 55' to 23° 0'
|Minimum Focus Distance
||7.5" / 19 cm
||16 Elements in 123 Groups
||67 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||2.9 x 4.7" / 74.6 x 119.3 mm
||1.2 lb / 525 g
This Kit Includes:
17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD Lens for APS-C Sony E-Mount Mirrorless Cameras B070
Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD Lens for APS-C Sony E-Mount Mirrorless Cameras B070
Our Price: $799.00
Photo and Video Backpack for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras and Drones (Grey)
Deco Photo Photo and Video Backpack for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras and Drones (Grey)
Our Price: $49.95
Professional 633x 64GB UHS-1 Class 10 SDXC Memory Card
Lexar Professional 633x 64GB UHS-1 Class 10 SDXC Memory Card
Our Price: $9.99
67mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit (set of 3 + carrying case)
General Brand 67mm UV, Polarizer & FLD Deluxe Filter kit (set of 3 + carrying case)
Our Price: $24.95
72-Inch Black Photo/Video Monopod Includes Deluxe Soft Case
General Brand 72-Inch Black Photo/Video Monopod Includes Deluxe Soft Case
Our Price: $29.99
All-in-One Cleaning Kit for Lenses and DSLR Cameras w/ Carry Case
Deco Photo All-in-One Cleaning Kit for Lenses and DSLR Cameras w/ Carry Case
Our Price: $29.95